Wednesday, January 8, 2014

39 Weeks... I'm still pregnant


Well, things have certainly slowed down the past week as the holidays are over and we settle in to wait for Luke's arrival. This week so far, it's been fairly quiet. I've focused on trying to get some work done for my job at the IT company to make sure I'm all caught up to be able to take a break for a few weeks. I also went to the grocery store over the weekend and stocked up on ingredients for crock pot meals because I have a feeling that those will be my best friends until I get a handle on this whole "mom" thing, met with a newborn photographer, and finished typing up my birth plan.

Right now, I'm just trying to enjoy the calm before the storm and spend as much time with Brendan and our friends as I can. I still feel pretty good for the most part although putting on shoes, getting up, and getting around in general are getting increasingly difficult. I think the worst thing is just the waiting. Whenever I have a contraction, I think that maybe it's the start of labor although I know that first time moms usually go to or past their due date. If I go before my due date it will probably be Friday since Brendan has staff duty or Saturday because apparently he's working all day that day also.






How far along? 39 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: over 35... leaving it at that
Maternity clothes? still wearing all black all the time.
Stretch marks? Still none so far!
Sleep: not great
Best moment this week: watching tv on the couch with Brendan
Miss Anything? looking cute and not having people give you worried looks when they see my pregnant belly approaching
Movement:all the time.
Food cravings: anything that's unhealthy
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: this question is absurd at this point
Labor Signs: contractions are getting more frequent
Belly Button in or out? OUT
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody? Happy unless I have to put on shoes... then I am frustrated
Looking forward to: my doctors appointment and hopefully going into labor at some point

1 comment:

  1. With my first son I went 4 days passed my due date. I gained 52 lbs total (I lost it all within 27 days without doing a thing), so don't worry about the weight gain! I woke up on the 3rd day passed my due date and felt "off." Then I started having small contractions, but they weren't consistent. Throughout the day they got more consistent and finally when they were 6 minutes apart I went to the hospital and was in labor and dilated a good bit. I love thinking back on that day and how I was so in tune with my body. It's a wonderful feeling when you actually do go into labor on your own! I never had a single contraction or Braxton Hicks with my first child. I'm 37 weeks 2 days pregnant with my second and I've had a few Braxton Hicks, but I'm still hoping to hold out til 40 weeks! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete