Thursday, January 16, 2014

40 Weeks in my Neverending Pregnancy

So, I was hoping that I wouldn't be posting a 40 week photo, but here I am! I think I am permanently pregnant. When I went to the doctor last week, they said that I still wasn't dilated and that the baby hadn't dropped yet, so we talked about what would happen if I went over 40 weeks. Tomorrow I will have my 40 week appointment where they will give me an ultrasound to determine the size of the baby. As long as he isn't too big they will let me go until 41 weeks and bump me up to 2 doctors appointments a week. After 41 weeks they will schedule an induction. I'm really hoping I don't have to be induced and that I still go into labor naturally.

I have really just been trying to stay busy for the past week or so while hoping I would go into labor. I've been going to the gym and walking/bouncing in the pool every other day this week to try to get his head in position and also spending a couple of hours every day bouncing on my exercise ball. I have no idea if that is actually doing anything, but I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Last Friday I spent the evening celebrating my friend Angie's birthday by having a wine night and painting with some of our friends. I obviously couldn't participate in the wine, but had a ton of fun painting and hanging out with girlfriends. Brendan was even impressed with my painting because he knows I'm not very artistic. I also have been doing a few Pinterest projects to make some presents for friends before I don't have time to do anything!



I have a few Bible studies going which has given me lots of things to read. I have one with young women in my Church through the book of John and one that will start later this month through 2 Samuel (I read 1 Samuel last spring!) Also, on January 1, I began my journey of reading through the Bible in a year with an accountability group of other women! Today we completed Genesis! I'm hoping not to fall too far behind once Luke comes!

This weekend is MLK weekend which means Brendan has a 4 day weekend and I will have company around the house which makes me excited that I will have other people to talk to! Hopefully the next post I write will be complete with sweet photos of a baby!

How far along? 40 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: over 35... leaving it at that
Maternity clothes? My maternity dresses are now used as shirts.
Stretch marks? Still none so far, but I finally decided to start using lotion... for good measure.
Sleep: terrible
Best moment this week:  Painting night with the girls!
Miss Anything? moving around easily
Movement:all the time.
Food cravings: cookies
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: this question is absurd at this point
Labor Signs: I wish there were more labor signs...
Belly Button in or out? OUT
Wedding rings on or off? Off
Happy or Moody? Happy, but getting impatient
Looking forward to: my doctors appointment and ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment