Thursday, October 10, 2013

26 Week Update... From a new house!

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and man, it's been a busy few weeks! I felt way too overwhelmed to make a board and update the blog last week but here is a summary of what happened! We moved into our new house over the weekend 2 weeks ago which was a ton of work, but we were lucky to have a group of friends who spent their Saturday morning helping us move our stuff, and by Saturday evening our old house was cleaned and ready for it's new occupants. There were a few things that I found really helpful for my move, so you can expect a post of moving tips coming soon... which will likely be added onto after future moves!

We were pleasantly surprised by the amount of extra work our landlords did to get the house into shape! They put really pretty new floors into the kitchen and painted over the ugly wallpaper, and they even spruced up the paint on the outside!  The dogs are loving the new place, especially their new back yard! So far, we've unpacked the kitchen, put furniture where it's supposed to be, hung most of our curtains, gotten our room and the guest room together and somewhat organized the garage. Even though we aren't completely unpacked, the house already feels like home!

The back yard!
The kitchen and dining room area

I'm feeling more and more pregnant every day. Someone asked me last week if I could see my feet, and I looked down and was shocked to realize that no, in fact, I cannot see my feet anymore! I'm getting pretty forgetful too, I drove all the way to the grocery store without my wallet last Monday and will sometimes forget to close doors to keep the dogs in the kitchen or turn things off... like the outside lights which are probably on right now (sorry Brendan).

I had my monthly doctor's appointment last Friday morning and it was not fun. I somehow managed to gain another 7 pounds this month and my doctor gave me a pretty stern talking to, put me on a diet of 1800 calories a day, and told me I need to not gain any weight between now and my glucose test in 3 weeks. I'm not an unhealthy eater and I don't overeat even though I am pregnant so I was pretty upset when I found out how much weight I've gained, actually I have been counting my calories and haven't hit the 1800 calorie mark on any of the days yet, so I'm not sure how I keep gaining so much weight. I've basically been in a tailspin ever since Friday second guessing everything I put into my body and crying irrationally... a lot. The good news is, I don't feel fat and haven't noticed that I have gained weight anywhere other than my stomach and ummm above my stomach. Usually when I gain bad weight, my face gets chubby. I called my friend Hunter who is a personal trainer and knows a lot about nutrition and she gave me some good pointers and sent me a meal plan to try out, so hopefully if I just tweak what I've been eating I won't turn into a cookie monster in the next 14 weeks. (WOW LUKE WILL BE HERE IN 14 WEEKS!!)


Yup, Brendan made my board again


How far along?
26 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: gulp... 20 pounds
Maternity clothes? ordered a few things online from ASOS.com... check that store out pregnant or not, they have a lot of really great staple pieces at reasonable prices!
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: this week I have been so exhausted that I think I have been sleeping better!
Best moment this week: finishing moving out of our old house!
Miss Anything? wine sometimes, sushi, and fitting into clothes!
Movement: yes, yes, yes.
Food cravings: hot sauce and fresh juice... not together
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: a lady in Target came up to me to tell me she likes my baby bump...
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? OUT
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm a rollercoaster.
Looking forward to: a long weekend with my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment