Thursday, August 15, 2013

18 Week Bumpdate and Baby Fox Has a Name!

Hello! 18 weeks, and time is flying by! After getting over the shock of finding out that we're having a baby boy, I promptly planned out his nursery (post coming soon on that), ordered the crib, and really started updating my registry.

***if any moms reading this have suggestions for things that they just can't live without please comment!***

On Monday, after returning from work, I found a bat in my house which was probably the scariest moment of my life. I started calling my friends with husbands I thought might be home who could help me kill it but they weren't around. Luckily, my friend Katelyn whose husband works with Brendan came over and we put it in a box and threw it away (Abigail already injured it so it couldn't fly, thanks dog!). My take away from this experience: bats are gross, I hate them, I would not wish bats on my worst enemy, and I am thankful to have friends that will help me kill them.

One thing that has really been making mornings awesome for me this week is discovering that Coffee Mate makes girl scout cookie flavored creamers. I've been putting Thin-Mint creamer in my coffee which has made going from from having Half-Caf coffee (which I started drinking when I found out I was pregnant) all the way down to Decaf more bearable... for those who know how much I love coffee and caffeine, you know that this is a huge feat for me.

Luke is growing, and so is my stomach. ugh.

How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: gained 6lbs, doctor says that for my size that's good.
Maternity clothes? nothing new, but definitely using the stuff I do have. I'm trying to hold off on buying stuff since I will be most pregnant in the fall.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: still having some problems falling asleep but once I am asleep I'm usually ok!
Best moment this week:  Finding out the sex of the baby!
Miss Anything? sushi and wine. I really miss having a glass of red wine.
Movement: just started feeling some kicks
Food cravings: still loving caramel apples, this thin mint creamer is making me pretty happy, and pasta (which I haven't actually been eating)
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: yeah um, my clothes don't fit.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? getting shallower and shallower
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but still self-conscious about my body.
Looking forward to: lots and lots of movement and having Brendan home for a few weeks


So we decided to name the baby Luke Michael! We named him Luke after Luke of the New Testament who was the author of the Gospel of Luke as well as the Book of Acts, and Brendan's middle name is Michael so we decided it would be nice for him to have the same middle name (we didn't want his first name to be Michael because it's too close to Michael J. Fox). We are so excited and I am trying super hard to start calling him Luke instead of baby!

2 comments:

  1. One time I went on an ecology field trip and we got to sit in the opening of a cave as thousands of bats flew out for their nightly snack. We got to use night vision goggles and sonar detecting devices to see/hear them. One flew into my face...it was awesome. I think Brendan would have enjoyed it ha.

    Congrats on everything though, super excited for you both!!!...or I guess I should start saying the three of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he probably would have enjoyed it.. I, however, would not have enjoyed it. I have been keeping all the lights on in the house to ward off bats :)

      Delete