Sunday, August 18, 2013

Dream Nursery for Baby Fox



Did I not say I was going to go design the nursery? Well, it might not be put together yet, but my parents purchased the crib for us as a present and the wall decals are currently shipping to our house.

Brendan cleared out the baby room before he left for training except for a comfy chair that will stay and an Ikea Expedit shelving unit I will be re-purposing into a changing table, so I have been spending a lot of time in there sitting and dreaming up how I want the room to look. My pet peeve is when babies rooms look like sitting rooms or museums where you feel like you can't touch anything. I fully expect that there will be toys everywhere, and I really really like the idea of a forest theme for Baby Luke's room.

Below I compiled some items that would make up my dream nursery. A few of them we've already purchased and some will probably stay in the dream nursery and not  make their way into the real one, but that's what dreams are for!




Dream Nursery for Baby Fox



1. I am ordering this sweet forest friends decal to put on Luke's wall. We don't want to have to paint since we rent the house and will be moving soon so this will be perfect to bring in a pop of color.

2. Before you environmentalists freak out this is a FAUX fur area rug. I think that these types of rugs are so soft and that Luke would really like to crawl around on it. I really like the color of this one, but this website is a little pricey so I will probably look around for a better deal on one.

3. I really love this mobile from Etsy. I think it's adorable, I kind of wonder how hard it would be to make one, but I know I'm not very artsy so it might be a disaster. 

4. OKAY so this awesome tree bookshelf is most definitely on my "if I win the lottery I will buy this" list. It's so stinkin adorable but SO EXPENSIVE. I had to add it to the dream nursery anyways because hey, a girl can dream!

5. This cute little fox pillow is part of the crib set I registered for from Target... although I would be perfectly happy with just the pillow too!

6. Because what little boy doesn't want a giant stuffed deer???

7. After hours of research, and looking on Consumer Reports, we decided that we wanted the Graco Lauren Signature Crib in Walnut. It was ranked #3 on Consumer Reports, can convert into a toddler bed and full size bed and is the simple look we were going for as far as nursery furniture.


The crib arrived at our house over the weekend and looks great! I'm super excited to find some more fun stuff for this room!




3 comments:

  1. So adorable! I love the forest theme. :) I saw small tree fort toy on amazon when I was shopping for my niece. It's pricey for a toy but it's cute. :)

    http://www.amazon.com/Rustic-Wooden-Tree-Accessories-Pieces/dp/B005T4DBBC/ref=sr_1_34?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1376942497&sr=1-34&keywords=wooden+tree+toys

    Congrats on a baby BOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so much fun! I can't wait till he's old enough to play with cute toys!

      Delete
  2. I love it all! Please start flag color shopping so I can start crafting!

    ReplyDelete