Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Florida with Luke

So, last week Luke and I took a trip down to Florida to visit my parents and see my Grandmother's new house (she recently relocated to the same community as my parents!). I've been trying to visit my family as often as I can because chances are our next assignment will not be as close.It's so nice to be able to take a quick trip down when Brendan is gone. Traveling with Luke is definitely getting a little more interesting. On one hand, I've got the maneuvering down, but on the other hand he's getting more active and less likely to sleep during flight. [post on how I handle traveling is in the works] Luke loves seeing his grandparents and swimming, and I really appreciate the extra set of hands.

When I've gone down in the past, we've usually made a trip to Disney to walk around or something, but this week we figured it was way too hot and that Disney would probably be really crowded so we hung around my parents house and swam and went to a nice dinner in a small town called Winter Garden. I love quaint little town centers, it reminds me of the Hudson Valley in New York.

Over the past week or so, Luke has definitely gotten way more interested in food the past few days so if I'm eating he wants to be too, I have a feeling I'm going to have a good eater on my hands! He can chew most foods with his gums so I've been giving him small bites of whatever I'm eating. So far he hasn't spit anything out.

Here are some snapshots from our trip:

My little water baby

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment