Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Life With Luke

The past 5 months I have stepped away from the computer and blogging to concentrate on being the kind of mom I want to be. I felt like every single time I turned around Luke was doing something new, I was afraid to look away even for a minute because I thought I would miss something. (Plus he didn't seem to like naps, so by the time I showered/ate something when he did nap, he was up again before I managed to do much else.)

Life with Luke has been the most rewarding, challenging, and re-defining experience of my life. There are times when I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and I think I'm going crazy, and then Luke rolls over for the first time or sits up on his own and I would never want to be anywhere else.



Luke is probably one of the most easy going babies ever. After he grew out of his normal newborn fussiness, he grew into a happy little baby. For the most part, he's perfectly content to go anywhere that we do, as long as we have some toys to entertain him. He rolled over for the first time right around 3 months and hasn't stopped since. He loves rolling around, inch worming to get his toys and sitting up on his own. He has also begun really loving hanging out with our little dog Carrie, who loves to lick Luke's face and will let him climb all over her! He's also obsessed with swimming and being in the water, luckily one of my friends has a pool that we use and we bought a small kiddie pool for the deck although he much prefers me to hold him with his tummy in the water to let him "swim on his own". We will be taking mommy and me swim classes at the end of this month!
Best Friends!
In his backyard oasis

We had decided before we had Luke that i wanted us to not stop living our lives because we had a baby and wanted to make lasting memories with Luke from an early age. I have travelled twice on my own with Luke and once with Brendan, and I'm so glad we have been able to enjoy traveling and making with our little guy from such a young age. So far, Luke has traveled to Orlando, Asheville, Key West, Maine, and Wilmington. He likes planes and doesn't mind driving as long as he doesn't get too hot.

Disney with Luke at 2 months
Plane to Key West
Getting ready to fly to Key West, 3 Months
Key West with Luke 3 months
Key West, 3 Months
Asheville with Luke 3 months
Asheville at 3 Months 
Riding to the Biltmore
Maine with Luke 5 months
At the Beach in Maine, 5 months
The one thing that I've noticed though is that his sleep schedule does get a little frazzled after travel. We returned from Maine almost 3 weeks ago and he still isn't back to normal. I think part of it is growth spurts and developmental leaps as much as traveling.

Hopefully, I will get back into a blogging routine now because I have lots to say and Luke doesn't seem to understand me when I speak. I've missed writing but am happy to have taken a step back to focus on motherhood!




No comments:

Post a Comment